Because recent regulatory changes created tremendous opportunity in the marketplace, the Accurate Group wanted to transition from a title insurance agency into a real estate transactional services company. If successful, the Accurate Group could expand their product offerings to fulfill their customers’ needs and expand their company’s reach.
Evolution Capital Partners entered in 2009, implementing their methodology:
Fundamental #1: Accurate & Timely Financials
- Evolution Capital Partners helped the Accurate Group create processes that provided accurate financials by product, location, customer and more. After cataloging over 20,000 transactions per month, each with its own direct cost and revenue, the Accurate Group began making better business decision, leading to growth.
Fundamental #2: Achievable & Measurable Strategic Plan
- The Accurate Group worked with Evolution Capital Partners to create a detailed plan with five-year, three-year and one-year goals to execute the vision of the leadership team to transition into a national real estate transaction services business. Methodically implementing the plan, the organization began expanding geographically, growing its product offerings and investing in technology.
Fundamental #3: Aligned & Experienced Leadership
- With a well-defined roadmap in place, the Accurate Group ultimately hired 110 new employees over a three-year period, including a CFO and other senior-level positions. Importantly, a percentage of ownership was shared across 14 team members, leading to a strong company culture. They created an Advisory Board comprised of suppliers, customers and industry experts.
Fundamental #4: Transparency & Accountability of Team
- With an emphasis on transparency, the Accurate Group implemented daily dashboards in each office location which updated all employees on key company metrics. Leadership also provided financial information to their employees and clearly communicated objectives to all levels of management and employees. This allowed for every team member to know exactly what they needed to do to move the business forward toward the stated goals and to be held accountable.
Fundamental #5: Effective & Repeatable Sales Process
- The team added products and services that spanned various phases of the residential real estate cycle: purchase, refinance, default. They also expanded their offerings to encompass all aspects of a residential real estate settlement statement. Finally, the Accurate Group strategically enhanced technology so they could interface with major financial institutions, enabling immediate expansion of their business as regulations changed, disallowing banks from valuing their own real estate.